Hard to beat at this price. . I felt like i was taking a risk with this desk chair as some of the reviews were less than complimentary about the quality and comfort. I certainly wouldn’t have been impressed if i’d paid the alleged rrp of nearly £200, but at £59 it is a very fine chair. Easy to put together if you don’t rush. Solid, well made components, particularly the arms, which are often diabolically wobbly pressed steel rubbish in the sub £80 price range , but here everything is solid and well made and feels like it will take daily use in its stride. It’s comfy, the lumber support works in a simple but non intrusive way, it doesn’t squeak or wobble, the mesh back feels soft but tough and the seat padding is nicely contoured and supportive. It’s not a five star chair per se, but at this price it definitely is.
I bought this chair to replace my previous chair which was getting rather worn. The chair was delivered quickly and efficiently. The assembly instructions were clear and found the chair easy to put together, just make sure you read the instructions and use the correct bolts. The chair is really comfy and makes such a difference to posture at the desk, i work from home so can be sat down for up to ten hours a day. The lumber support is a very simple plastic bar across the back of the chair which moves up and down, it seems effective.
The amazon price is probably fair given the specification. The chairs constructs ok only if all allen bolts are just tightened initially using a few threads. Anymore then i found all the holes won’t line up. You can then tighten a bolt and its opposite until all are done – it won’t fit perfectly. The seat padding is thin for my 78kgs. The lumber support is a crude one but needs a pad in front of it. I could not adjust the back rest as described. Overall its an ok chair for the price. Here are the specifications for the Eliza Tinsley Mesh Back Executive Desk Swivel Armchair:
- One of our most popular mesh back chairs incorporating a shirt tail design. The back is made from breathable mesh which helps with air circulation all year round. The mesh is supported by a high quality metal frame. The seat is deep cushioned and upholstered in a durable breathable mesh fabric.
- Although the back has an ultra slim profile we have managed to incorporate an adjustable lumbar support, giving that extra support that is often missing from a chair of this size.
- The recline function can be locked in the upright position or for a more dynamic feature the mechanism can be left free floating. The tension control can be set to individual user body weight allowing full support whilst giving maximum comfort.
- The seat pad is sculptured and is height adjustable from 420mm – 520mm.
- The T shaped arm is height adjustable and has been topped with a comfortable sculptured pad, which has been formed to allow maximum support for your arms.
- 67 x 61.2 x 25.2 cm
I have had this chair for a while now but found that i had to remove the back support because it did not sit comfortably in by back. I am quite short and the support was too high for me, i gave the chair to my son – he has not complained – but then he does not get back aches.
I have had this chair for a while now, i had no trouble assembling it, the instructions were easy to follow and clear, using the chair i found that the arms would not go down far enough to have the seat at the correct height for my desk, so i can either sit a little further back from the desk or have the chair too low, so a little more adjustment in that area would have helped me. The actual manufacture of the chair is okay for my working office but i doubt i would want it in my living room, it’s reasonably comfortable but nothing to write home about, in conclusion it’s a functional office chair, no more no less.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Excellent product
- Not Bad but Not Great
- Ergonomically excellent handsome design with high safety standards delivered promptly. Great value.
I bought the chair to replace an older broken computer chair for playing video games and using my computer. I have low back pain so looked for a lumbar supporting chair. Ive had it for two months now. Positivesit was relatively cheap. It was easily put to together within 15 minutes. The padding on the seat is softnegativesthe mesh back for the chair seems to be too straight and stiff for my liking. Doesn’t recline in the slightest. I didn’t even know it came with adjustable arm rests which can be loud at times as they rattle when moved. The adjustable lumbar support is a small fixture in the back which can be moved only 2 inches up or down.
Great looking, amazing value, easy to assemble chair. Comfortable, very supportive lumbar support. I have purchased this brand before and they seem to offer good value for money.